Wednesday, July 11, 2012

French's Secrets

In India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy, India learns a few things about French's past, the least surprising of which is that he's in the military. I'd chosen the 26th Regiment of Foot for French, based on their activities and postings in the period before he met India. I thought it might be interesting to see what the 26th's uniforms looked like, so I dug around a bit on the internet and found this:


I can't imagine French in the officer's uniform worn by the fellow on the right. It's just not French. So I did more research and found just what I was looking for: the "Gallant Forty-Twa," or more prosaically, the 42nd Regiment of Foot. Known as the Black Watch, this regiment knows how to dress. In the picture below, the officer is in the middle. Now, that's a uniform I can imagine French wearing.  India will be pleased.



No comments:

Post a Comment