Friday, August 3, 2012

My Blogging - Off the Medal Platform

My blogging has been particularly uninteresting this week, and I shall try to do better.  It's not that I've been lounging on the sofa watching the Olympics, although there's been plenty of that.  I have a medical excuse.    A few weeks ago I noticed my vision was blurry.   Then a week ago I started feeling dizzy.  I self-diagnosed via the internet, only to learn that dizziness and vertigo are common symptoms of menopause and there's not much to do about it except endure it.  The articles I read also offered helpful advice like "Don't move your head quickly" and "keep exercising, no matter how you feel."  The latter was obviously written by someone who's never attempted to do abdominal crunches or pullups while her head threatens to explode.

I decided I'd at least eliminate the possibility of a problem with my eyes and headed off to the optometrist yesterday.  Hallelujah!  The episomething cells that cover my corneas have decided to dry up and flake off, leaving me with irritated and mildly infected corneas.  A month of medication and multiple types of eyedrops should resolve the problem.  I'm feeling better already, now that the word "aneurysm" isn't floating around my subconscious.  

2 comments: