Friday, August 31, 2012

Status Report

I'm a little over halfway through India #4.  Here are a few tidbits regarding same:

1.  I still don't have a title for this one.
2.  I'm over halfway through the novel, but not yet finished with page 2 of my 6-page outline.  Oh, dear.
3.  I keep stopping to research certain scenes.  Why didn't I do this before I began writing?
4.  I'll have a new editor for this book.  I'm rather nervous about that.
5.  I've entered the "zone" now, which means I can't be bothered with mundane things.  Must. Finish. Book.


2 comments:

  1. Keep going Carol! You can do it! If you ever need a research assistant; you can always call or email me. I'm fabulous at obscure research and let's face it, i'm cheap...BUT NOT EASY...lol..

    Saying a little prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm grappling with the layout of decks on steamships. Utterly fascinating stuff. How did people write historical fiction before the internet? I can't imagine the effort it took to dredge up some of this arcane information through the local library.

    ReplyDelete